Oxford is seeking an Assistant General Manager for a residential apartment property in Pittsburgh’s Strip District. This position’s responsibilities includes all aspects of property management, including marketing and leasing the apartments and is under the direct supervision of the General Manager with accountability also to the Director of Residential Community Management and/or Property Owner. Additionally, the Assistant General Manager will serve as a liaison for leasing activities and goals to achieve maximum leasing effectiveness with respect to leasing, marketing, outreach, general administration, leadership and resident relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leasing and Marketing
- Handles leasing activities as required, including showing prospects available apartments and works to sell the property in order to maintain acceptable closing ratio based on occupancy goals set forth by the General Manager. Follows up with all leads and prospects regularly to close them.
- Inputs all resident information in relation to phone calls, e-mail inquiries, walk in traffic, showings, move ins, move outs, apartments conditions, etc. daily.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts of the community.
- Assists the General Manager is ensuring that all leases and addenda are completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, signatures, etc.
- Assists the Assistant General Manager with lease renewals and follows up accordingly. Helps to ensure lease renewals and notices are executed and updated in Yardi in a timely manner.
- Oversees and completes the monthly Market Survey with updated rates, incentives, occupancy, and leasing percentages from the selected comps. Report submitted to the General Manager.
- Assist the Marketing Department in monitoring and updating the social media pages daily including Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and Yelp.
- Walks daily leasing path including models, vacant apartments, and common areas daily in preparation of daily tours.
- Assists the General Manager in resident retention programs and regularly scheduled resident functions.
- Works closely with the Leasing Manager to complete regular outreach to community and surrounding businesses to drive occupancy by presenting and selling the benefits of the property. Notes this outreach weekly in the weekly marketing update. To also be included in the monthly marketing calendar for the General Manager.
- Assist General Manager with in-house lease audits to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with the General Manager in learning all aspects of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Works closely with the General Manager in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the organization.
- Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities and management of the property in the absence of the General Manager.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offers recommendations.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Attends networking and resident events when called upon.
- Collects all rent payments from both current and previous residents.
- Responsible for managing all resident ledgers in regards to posting rent payments and charging of fees.
- Makes daily community deposits in regards to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and completes follow up activity in regards to nonpayment or rent or eviction proceedings.
- Assists in the processing, monitoring, and coding of invoices.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Assists the General Manager with ensuring a superior level of customer service is consistent across all areas of the property in regards to concierge, maintenance, and leasing staff.
Other Job Functions
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident functions and activities.
- Attends and participates in training classes and seminars as requested.
- Maintains open communication with General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs other leasing/marketing and related administrative duties as assigned.
- Weekend hours may be required. The current schedule will allow for 1 Saturday off per month. While the leasing office is currently closed on Sundays, this is subject to change. The ability to work weekends with a flexible schedule is a requirement.
- A real estate license is a requirement of this position.
Skills, Education, and Experience
- A high school diploma is required.
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of residential leasing and/or management experience, including supervisory responsibility, is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills are necessary.
- Computer literacy/word processing and excel skills are required.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager and Rent Café is a plus.
- Strong customer service orientation, with good decision-making ability and a professional image is necessary.
- Must have an enthusiasm for using blogs, social media, and other online digital tools available.
Competitive wage and benefit package included.
Email resume to email@example.com. Please do not call the site.
Please no phone calls. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.