Join our Growing Team!
For over sixty years, Oxford Development Company has stood at the forefront of the marketplace as a developer and full-service commercial real estate provider with experience in the local, regional, and national marketplace. Our residential management services division is expanding, and we are looking for motivated individuals looking to grow their careers in an opportunity-rich environment.
The Leasing Agent reports to the General Manager and will proactively manage outreach and sales including prospecting, lead generation, and leasing.
Leasing and Sales:
- Serve as the first line of contact for prospective residents and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; complete guest cards, etc.).
- Tour the facility with prospective residents and move through the leasing process. Demonstrate community and apartment/model knowledge and apply to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Immediately follow up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sales again. If unable to help prospects, refer them to sister communities to meet prospects’ needs.
- Secure new residents’ signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to the community.
- Assists the Assistant General Manager with lease renewals and follows up accordingly. Helps to ensure lease renewals and notices are executed and updated in Yardi in a timely manner.
- Completes the monthly Market Survey with updated rates, incentives, occupancy, and leasing percentages from the selected comps.
Marketing & Resident Life
- Assists the Marketing team in reviewing and recommending updates to records for online websites which include, but are not limited to, apartment availability, rent prices, office hours, and amenities.
- Assists the Marketing team in generating content for social media channels.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Assists the General Manager with ensuring a superior level of customer service is consistent across all areas of the property in regard to the concierge, maintenance, and leasing staff.
- Assists with and attends community-sponsored resident functions and activities.
Facility and Administrative
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- File guest cards and maintain them according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, and communicate related service needs to the general manager.
- Update availability report, and process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure the apartment is ready for the resident to move in on the agreed date.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Assist management team with other administrative tasks as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fair Housing Certification, or willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents
- PA Real Estate License or ability to obtain within 180 days of the start
- High attention to detail and accuracy, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but also as a team player
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Weekend hours are required.
- The current schedule will allow for 1 Saturday off per month.
- While the leasing office is currently closed on Sundays, this is subject to change.
- The ability to work weekends with a flexible schedule is a requirement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Klamarca@oxforddevelopment.com.