Join our Growing Team!
For over sixty years, Oxford Development Company has stood at the forefront of the marketplace as a developer and full-service commercial real estate provider with experience in the local, regional, and national marketplace. Our residential management services division is expanding, and we are looking for motivated individuals looking to grow their careers in an opportunity-rich environment.
The Leasing Agent reports to the general manager and will proactively manage outreach and sales including prospecting, lead generation, and leasing.
Leasing and Marketing:
- Handles leasing activities as required, including but not limited to showing prospects available apartments and selling the property to maintain an acceptable closing ratio. The leasing manager will regularly follow up with all leads and prospects to close them.
- Daily recording of all resident information such as; phone calls, e-mails, walk-in traffic, showings, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, and more.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts of the community. Completes the quarterly marketing plan and presents it to the general manager for approval one month prior to the beginning of the new quarter. Offers input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, rate increases, etc. Creates updated advertisements for print publications.
- Assists the general manager in completing leases and addenda.
- Responsible for lease renewals and follow-ups. Ensure lease renewals and notices are executed and updated in Yardi.
- Oversees and completes the monthly market survey and submits it to the general manager.
- Assists the marketing department in monitoring and updating social media pages daily.
- Walks daily leasing path to include models vacant apartments, and common areas.
- Assists the general manager in resident retention programs and attends resident functions as needed.
- Completes regular outreach to the community and surrounding businesses to drive occupancy by selling the benefits of the community. Note the outreach in the weekly marketing update. Outreach is also to be included in the monthly marketing calendar.
- Assists the general manager with in-house lease audits ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- Assists the marketing department in maintaining and updating records for online leasing sites and ensuring the accuracy of data.
- Creates, organizes, and prepares all new resident files daily. Ensure forms are complete and documents are signed before providing them to the general manager for execution and filing.
- Assist the general manager with maintaining records for locators and their sponsoring brokers based on rentals. Include copies of the W9, managing broker’s license, and non-exclusive listing agreements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease, and offers recommendations.
- Understands and complies with fair housing laws and standards.
- Attends networking events when called upon.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and other concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Assists the general manager with ensuring a superior level of customer service is consistent across all areas of the property.
Other Job Functions
- Attends and participates in training classes and seminars as requested.
- Maintains open communication with general manager and maintenance staff.
- Performs other leasing, marketing, and related administrative duties as assigned.
- Weekend hours are required. The current schedule will allow for 1 Saturday off per month.
- Leasing offices are currently closed on Sundays, but this is subject to change.
- The ability to work weekends with a flexible schedule is a requirement.
- A real estate license is a requirement of this position.
Skills, Education, and Experience
- A high school diploma is required.
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of residential leasing and/or management experience, including supervisory responsibility, is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills are necessary.
- Computer literacy including word processing and spreadsheet skills are required.
- Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- Strong customer service orientation, with good decision-making ability
- A professional image is necessary.
- Must have an enthusiasm for using blogs, social media, and other online digital tools available.
Job Type: Full Time
Supplemental Pay: Commissions
- 401(k) + matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: 8-hour shift (Tuesday through Saturday) and weekend availability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Klamarca@oxforddevelopment.com.